But we can’t always do that.
Sometimes there just isn’t the time or the budget.
So we’ve reviewed our most popular programmes for public service clients and come up with both half- and full-day versions. (Although with some obvious exceptions – ‘Management in a day!’ is still a full-day session and ‘Making the most of your time’ is only a half-day).
Bite-sized classroom sessions are also available, usually based on the outlines for our uniquely flexible webinars – the ‘flexinars’.
Can’t see what you want? We’ve delivered sessions on numerous other topics for public service clients, eg:
- Accuracy skills
- Beating stress
- Building successful working relationships
- Change management
- Coaching skills for line managers
- Commercial awareness in the public sector
- Conflict management
- Customer service
- Disciplinary, capability and grievance issues
- Diversity, discrimination and dignity at work
- Handling sensitive HR issues
- Investigating sexual harassment allegations
- Managing absence and health issues effectively
- Managing people within the law
- Mediation mindsets and skills
- Performance management conversations – for managers
- Performance management conversations – for staff
- Performance reviews and appraisals
- Presentation skills
- Recruitment and selection interviewing
- Reorganisations, redundancies and TUPE
- Report writing
- Workplace investigations
- Writing policies and procedures
Follow the links above to our other sites for full details. Or we can discuss a bespoke session, specifically for your organisation.
All the sessions can be tailored to your precise requirements, of course, so please compare the different session outlines for any given topic and have a word with us to discuss exactly what you want your session to cover.
These sessions have been designed, and are usually delivered, by Amanda Dudman, leader of our public service practice. She brings the knowledge, understanding and expertise on the subject matter to the session whilst learners bring their experience of the role and their personal situation. Amanda bridges the gap to enable participants to apply learning of new tools, ideas or skills to their role or situation. This places responsibility for learning and application on the job holder and completing a personal action plan helps them to decide how they will put their new-found learning and ideas into practice.
The context of working in public service is recognised and reflected in all sessions.
Action planning is standard in all sessions and completed at the end. Participants are encouraged to share their plan with their Line Manager and/or colleagues back at work. We include sign-posting to in-house learning opportunities, resources and further support, including ideas for self-directed learning as part of this activity.
Short, focused, relevant materials and activity sheets are provided for each session. They’re used during the session and afterwards they act as a reference point and resource to support the topic. We can tailor them to include your in-house learning information, such as links to e-learning on the subject or your preferred tools.
These programmes are highly participative, designed for a maximum group size of 12. Ideally, half-day sessions would always be for groups of 8-10, but 12’s fine if you have to.
See some of the comments from participants in Amanda’s sessions for public service organisations:
- ‘Brilliant all round!’
- ‘I liked that the trainer engaged with the activities that needed her input and then stepped back and allowed us to get on with things.’
- ‘Very alive!’
- ‘Very interactive.’
- ‘The trainer was great, really understanding.’
- ‘Amanda was really helpful and explained everything well.’
- ‘Excellent I learned a lot about myself.’
- ‘Just great!’
- ‘Great facilitator!’
- ‘This is the second bite-sized course I have done with Amanda – great, engaging course leader.’
- ‘I loved it.’
- ‘An excellent course.’
- ‘I would recommend this to everyone.’
- ‘Great course and trainer. Amanda helped to make me feel at ease.’
- ‘Great trainer.’
- ‘Excellent course – thank you! I have learnt so much from this.’
- ‘Day flew by.’
- ‘Excellent day. Best training delivered to me so far.’
- ‘The day has flown by. A very enjoyable course which I think everyone should go on.’
- ‘Very informal trainer. Knows what she is taking about, energetic and passionate!!!’
- ‘Extremely good.’
- ‘Very knowledgeable and very clear messages. Showed experience in the topic.’
- ‘The trainer was awesome.’
- ‘[Amanda] was bubbly, very friendly. Knew her stuff. Very inspiring.’
- ‘Excellent. Font of fantastic knowledge.’
Any questions? Can’t see what you want? Just give us a call today on 01582 463460 and we can design a programme from scratch, just for you.