Organisations constantly give people their first line management role because the individual has been identified as being good at their day job, not necessarily being good with people.
People skills are a very different skillset from dealing with processes and tasks. Managing people can be the best job in the world, or the worst. No-one tells you what it’s like until you find out for yourself. ‘You’ll be fine’ is all you may get.
This programme is your opportunity to find out in advance what you might be letting yourself in for and whether it’s right for you – whether at this stage in your career, a bit later, or perhaps never. This can save you and your organisation time, effort and heartache.
You’ll find out what’s needed to transition from team member to team leader. You’ll learn what are the characteristics of good managers and see how you think you’ll measure up. You’ll discover what to look out for in the early days – what are the most common pitfalls awaiting the new manager and how can you avoid them?
It’s a very practical programme which will boost your confidence in managing people and help make the learning curve a little less steep as you transition from team member to team leader. It will help you develop the skills you will need for the rest of your career – it might well be the most useful programme you ever attend!
- Have a benchmark for what great managers do and don’t do – see how you measure up
- Discover the pitfalls to look out for and develop strategies to deal with them
- Identify your development areas to lead others effectively
- Understand the importance of body language when communicating with your team – learn what to do, what not to do
- Know how to deal with challenging employee behaviours
- Find out what are the most common management dilemmas and how to deal with them
- Boost your confidence for stepping up to management – or consider why it might not be for you
To discuss which management and personal effectiveness modules would best suit you, just give us a call on 01582 714280 and we’ll be happy to talk you through the options.