How to install and use Zoom
To take part in the webinar, you will need a piece of software called Zoom. Instructions for installing this are included below.
The Zoom software works best on a PC / Mac and an in-built camera will be useful.
It is recommended you join the webinar from a meeting room / private space to minimise background noise, avoid interruptions and ensure you can participate fully without inhibition. Alternatively, you can use headphones.
Please check your internet connection and sound settings on your computer in good time before the webinar begins to ensure that you will be able to hear the facilitator properly and participate fully in discussions and activities with other participants.
Please sign up to and install Zoom at least a few days before the webinar in case any technical issues arise.
- Visit https://zoom.us/
- Follow the on-screen instructions to create an account for your free, basic subscription to Zoom
- Visit https://zoom.us/download to be taken to the Download Centre and click on the Zoom Client for Meetings download button (the first one on the list)
Joining the webinar
Click on the Zoom hyperlink at least 5 minutes before the webinar is due to start, and you will be taken to the Zoom website. Here, you will be prompted to download the Zoom ‘widget’ (if you have not done so already when you first created an account). When this has downloaded and you have signed in, you will be taken straight to the webinar.
During the webinar
Once you have joined the webinar you may be asked to:
- Mute by clicking the Mute My Audio button in the bottom left-hand corner of your Zoom screen
- Use the Chat feature to type anything that you want the facilitator or the other participants to see
- Use the Stop Video feature to turn off your camera if required
If you are having problems with installing / using Zoom, please email email@example.com or call +44 (0) 1582 714 286