In a 24/7 world we are exposed to stress from many different angles.
Handled well, this can boost our performance; handled badly, it can have a real impact on our wellbeing. We all need to be able to manage different stresses and pressures if we are to think clearly, make the right decisions and avoid unnecessary stress and worry. This webinar explores the best way of doing that, giving you a range of strategies to use, based on a number of proven models and approaches. It will help you understand your stress and pressure points and develop strategies for managing them.
- Understand the different types of stress
- Recognise the factors that trigger stress
- Be able to use the Demand Control Support model to help manage your stress
- Know how to use positive thinking to stay in control
Designed as a highly interactive 45-minute webinar for groups of 6 to 8, or 60 minutes for groups of up to 12, or 90 minutes for groups of up to 20.
- Objectives and agenda
- How different people react differently to different stressors
- The difference between pressure and chronic stress
- Calm – eustress – distress
- Why it’s important to avoid sustained periods of stress
- The Demand Control Support Model – why high demand alone doesn’t cause unhealthy stress
- The importance of self-management
- How to help your staff and those you interact with
- Thinking positively about control – the locus of control
- How to manage your thoughts to take more positive action in times of pressure and challenge
- Summary of key learning points
- Reflection on next steps
- Planning for implementation of learning in the workplace
To discuss which webinars would best suit you, just give us a call on 01582 463460 and we’ll be happy to talk you through the options.