Some of us spend a large proportion of our working lives in meetings – and much of this time is wasted. That’s why good chairing skills are crucial. This practical and engaging programme shows how skillful chairing can steer a meeting to a successful conclusion, saving considerable time and significantly boosting efficiency.
- Learn what makes a great meeting
- Learn what makes a great chairperson
- Learn how to keep your meetings on track and to time
- Learn how to structure and plan your meetings
- Learn how to handle negative, time-wasting and disruptive behaviours effectively
Designed as a highly interactive 45-minute webinar for groups of 6 to 8, or 60 minutes for groups of up to 12, or 90 minutes for groups of up to 20.
- What drives you crazy about meetings?
- How and why a meeting can go wrong – and right
- What makes someone a really good chairperson/manager of a meeting?
- How the role of the chairperson may be different in different kinds of meetings
- Planning ahead of time and setting things up to succeed
- Getting off to a good start by setting the scene
- How to keep the meeting on track and to time
- Managing group dynamics
- Reading the group / meeting
- Dealing with people who waste time, are negative or hold side conversations, etc
- How to handle disagreement / conflict
- Personal action planning
- Next steps
To discuss which webinars would best suit you, just give us a call on 01582 463460 and we’ll be happy to talk you through the options.