The most common reason for leaving a job is dissatisfaction with one’s manager. Being an effective, supportive and clear manager is crucial for ensuring staff retention, team motivation and happiness, and business success.
This engaging webinar explores ideal manager behaviours, helping you get the most out of your team by understanding what they need from you. This is an opportunity to explore management and leadership – and to ensure that you’re not the manager everyone wants to get away from!
- Understand the difference between management and leadership
- Learn about the different leadership styles – which one are you?
- Know how to manage performance effectively, on a daily basis
- Understand your management style and know how to flex your approach
- Find out why communicating expectations and standards upfront is essential
Designed as a highly interactive 45-minute webinar for groups of 6 to 8, or 60 minutes for groups of up to 12, or 90 minutes for groups of up to 20.
- When have you been really happy at work? Or really unhappy? What difference did your manager make?
- Benefits of great management to the individual, the manager, the organisation
- The importance of managing performance daily
- Why communicating expectations and standards upfront is essential
- Personal action planning
- Next steps
‘Management essentials’ is one of our very popular ‘modules’ and Scott Rumsey is one of our most popular trainers. See some of the feedback he’s had recently from delivering this module both virtually and face-to-face:
- ‘It’s a fast pace, but covers the key material.’
- ‘Useful short introduction to some management skills.’
- ‘Useful high-level tips for management.’
- ‘Great reminder of management tips.’
- ‘Helpful advice about managing and leading.’
- ‘Very good.’
- ‘Trainer was good at engaging and had plenty of energy.’
- ‘Very knowledgeable and friendly trainer.’
- ‘Good trainer.’
- ‘Knowledgeable and inclusive.’
- ‘Excellent trainer, great style.’
- ‘Engaging and enthusiastic trainer.’
- ‘Useful tips!’
- ‘Good management course for starters.’
- ‘Provides insight into how you can develop in your role.’
- ‘Very enjoyable.’
- ‘The trainer was very professional, friendly and he knew how to involve the team in the session.’
- ‘Engaging, knowledgeable, did well in trying to get people involved.’
- ‘Great training style.’
- ‘Really interesting! Really good ideas.’
- ‘These sessions really start my day off right.’
- ‘Good as a refresher on what I should be doing as a manager with my team.’
- ‘Really good, engaging facilitator with good knowledge. Includes the whole group’
- ‘Really good training provided in a concise and informative manner. I particularly enjoyed the interactive element of the course. Thanks!!’
- ‘A good taster/overview.’
To discuss which webinars would best suit you, just give us a call on 01582 463460 and we’ll be happy to talk you through the options.