Balancing the collaborative benefits of working in the same physical space with the focussed time and increased life balance of working from home, hybrid working seems like the ideal option for many staff and employers.
While there are opportunities, it doesn’t come without pitfalls. Whether it’s conflict over diary issues, managing individuals who have a preference for one way of working rather than the other, meeting the needs of clients and suppliers and making sure communication isn’t missed when people are coming and going, it can create an extra burden for managers to carry.
This practical 90-minute webinar raises awareness of the benefits of hybrid working, what goes well and things to be aware of and avoid. Participants explore scenario-based discussions, peer sharing and facilitated activities to improve their confidence in managing people who are hybrid working.
This session can be supplemented with targeted follow-ups including Remote Management, Staying Connected when Working from Home and actor-led practical workshops like Virtual Performance Conversations.
- Understand what hybrid working is and how it works
- Articulate what successful flexible working looks like
- Build strategies to communicate effectively with a hybrid team
- Explain key considerations for creating and maintaining effective hybrid teams
- Analyse levels of motivation and engagement and take action
Ask about our tailored management programmes. We can work with you to build a ‘Hybrid Manager’ programme that builds skills for managers new to hybrid management, going into more depth in each topic.
Facilitated discussion of the benefits and opportunities for hybrid working. Participants share their experience and consider what a good hybrid environment looks like.
Participants explore a series of scenarios to identify common problems that come up when hybrid working, eg, missed communication, reduced team time, managing performance and diary management. In groups, participants consider how they might manage some of these situations effectively.
Making sure you don’t communicate only with those whom you can see. Running effective team meetings when some are physical and some are remote. Creating a consistent way of communicating that everyone is happy with. Group discussions and sharing.
Being clear about what good performance looks like and managing this when people are in and out of the office. Ensuring you set expectations for hybrid working and role-model the behaviour, eg, giving enough notice, not missing important meetings, not booking face-to-face meetings on remote days. Raising performance issues virtually.
Is the hybrid balance working? How are levels of motivation and engagement? How to check in with your team and make changes to improve the working balance and harness the benefits of hybrid working.
Participants discuss how to take their learning forward including how they could learn about effective hybrid working approaches from other sectors.
See what people have said about this session:
- Very useful and timely webinar. Covered a lot of the issues we are all beginning to grapple with.
- Informative, well-timed (not too long), interactive.
- An excellent session with some great tips and items to make us think about what we would need to do or look further into.
- Very informative, presented in a clear way.
- A very thought-provoking subject and enjoyed the comments from other participants.
- Easy listening and no jargon! Good suggestions in the chat.
- It was very informal and everyone had the opportunity to participate, with any comments addressed there and then. It was extremely informative and provided some thought-provoking ideas. Thank you.
- Excellent training, I have a better idea of Hybrid working.
- I thought the session was a very good introduction to hybrid working and I particularly enjoyed learning the models and different persona’s of hybrid working. Scott has a very nice, informal but knowledgeable style and keeps the audience engaged throughout.
- Very informative and ideas to take back to the team. Great to be able to ask questions and get the group and trainer’s feedback.
- Good overview of the key issues.
- Interesting to hear about the different models and styles of working/reasons for this, etc.
- Great session, thanks lots, Scott!
- Very informative and interactive.
- Bite-size session – perfect. Very engaging trainer. Looking forward to the next session.
- Just right, in terms of length and engagement and considering the vast range of organisations the speaker made it relevant to everyone.
- I liked the session as it was relatable and quite informative. The sub-points were indeed clear and this topic is very interesting as there are many views on hybrid working and productivity and how well performance can be measured.
- Great insights and pace of delivery. Lots of useful information and practical tips. Thank you.
To discuss which webinars would best suit you, just give us a call on 01582 463460 and we’ll be happy to talk you through the options.