It’s difficult to escape the notion of feedback being negative.
We need to reframe it. It needs to be motivational. We need to think of it as developing people through praise and constructive evaluation.
So far, so obvious, perhaps. But if it’s that obvious, why aren’t all managers doing it? Because it’s not as easy as it looks. That’s why this session focuses on the practical skills and behaviours required for motivational feedback conversations. Using real examples, participants think about what to say, how to say it and how to get the timing right.
- Develop new insights by reframing the messages we give
- Turn negative messages to positive
- Make all feedback motivational
- Align feedback to a growth mindset rather than a fixed one
- Customise feedback to cater for personality, culture and experience
- Link feedback to a coaching approach
This session is all about practice, using scenario-based exercises. There’s a ‘pre-work’ option for those organisations whose managers would benefit from a little more content before diving in.
It can be delivered virtually (two hours recommended) or face-to-face (half-day).
It can be tailored to your organisation’s values.
- What is the worst feedback you ever received? How did it make you feel?
- When were you ever motivated by feedback you received?
- How do we turn so-called ‘negative’ messages into positive?
- Which feedback messages do you find most difficult to deliver?
- How do we align our feedback to organisational values?
- Review of the key principles of feedback
- Focusing on a growth mindset
- Understanding how to customise our message to personality, culture and experience
- Discussing real life scenarios and approaches
- Structuring motivational feedback
- Identifying different types of feedback and when to use them
- Work in small groups to practise feedback behaviours using real-life scenarios
- Receive immediate feedback from peers in a safe environment
- Reflect on what worked well and what didn’t
- Discuss key learning points from other groups
- Personal action planning for using feedback skills
- Next steps
To discuss which webinars would best suit you, just give us a call on 01582 463460 and we’ll be happy to talk you through the options.