The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.
So said George Bernard Shaw.
Communication is a two-way process. If you only think about the information you’re trying to give, you’ll never be able to communicate effectively. This session shows what you should be doing instead.
- Appreciate what can go wrong with communication and how to avoid it
- Learn the four steps for great communication to help you communicate more clearly, precisely and concisely
Designed as a highly interactive 45-minute webinar for groups of 6 to 8, or 60 minutes for groups of up to 12, or 90 minutes for groups of up to 20.
- Objectives and agenda
- What is effective communication and why does it matter?
- The value of being able to communicate well
- Encoding – decoding – channels – noise
- Communication channels: visual, vocal, verbal
- How challenges and misunderstandings can arise
- The steps that support great communication
- The A to B model to support content selection
- How to make communication compelling and influential
- Summary of key learning points
- Reflection on next steps
- Planning for implementation of learning in the workplace
To discuss which webinars would best suit you, just give us a call on 01582 463460 and we’ll be happy to talk you through the options.