If you’re assertive you can portray a strong, confident image and put your views across while still taking other people’s opinions into account.
If you’re not assertive, especially if you become passive aggressive or aggressive, you can cause misunderstandings, frustration and even a breakdown in relationships at work.
This session will help you build confidence to be more assertive more of the time. And how to disagree without being disagreeable!
- Recognise the differences between assertive, aggressive and passive behaviour
- Understand the impact your behaviour has on people
- Make assertive requests – and follow up effectively
- Say ‘no’, where appropriate
- Be more assertive in meetings
- Give negative feedback – without giving offence
Designed as a highly interactive 45-minute webinar for groups of 6 to 8, or 60 minutes for groups of up to 12, or 90 minutes for groups of up to 20.
- What it is
- What it isn’t
- The assertiveness spectrum
- The benefits of being assertive
- Understanding differences in behaviour
- Assertive language
- Making assertive requests
- The 3As model
- …and don’ts
- Personal action planning
- Next steps
‘Assertiveness’ is one of our most popular ‘modules’ and Scott Rumsey is one of our most popular trainers. See some of the feedback he’s had recently from delivering this module virtually:
To discuss which webinars would best suit you, just give us a call on 01582 463460 and we’ll be happy to talk you through the options.