‘With careful and detailed planning, one can win… with careless and less detailed planning, one cannot win. How much more certain is defeat if one does not plan at all?!’ These wise words from the Chinese general Sun Tzu are as valid today as they were when applied on the battlefield 4,000 years ago.
Success in 21st century organisations is more dependent than ever on being able to convert long term vision and goals in to detailed operating plans and, even more critically, employing an effective strategic management framework to ensure successful execution.
Being able to think, plan and implement in a strategic way is becoming increasingly called upon in many more management roles. Our practical one-day expert workshop is designed for anyone wanting to develop the knowledge and skills required to take on a strategic role or management position.
After completing this course delegates will be able to:
- Understand the purpose and key components of business strategy
- Use an effective framework for developing and executing strategy
- Apply powerful strategic analysis tools to inform strategy development
- Evaluate strategic options using established frameworks for strategy formulation
- Develop and apply a winning business model for their organisation
- Use effective tools to manage and control strategy implementation
- Identify some common causes of strategic failure
This is a very practical, interactive one-day workshop.
This workshop was designed, and is delivered, by Paul Lower (FCMA) – enthusiastic business finance trainer and coach.