Leadership implies followership. And that means trust. Because who’s going to follow a leader they don’t trust?
This programme takes a values-driven approach to leadership. It gets current and aspiring leaders to hold up the mirror to themselves and to see their reflections as leaders of people. It asks them whether what they see justifies their view of themselves as leaders. It helps them understand just what it takes to be an effective leader.
And it does so in a highly practical, constructive manner. It helps the participants to truly understand the core skills of effective leadership. It focuses on the difference between leadership and management, defining what high performing teams do and how they do it. It helps people to see their teams from different perspectives, allowing them to adapt their styles to maximise team outputs. And it explores concepts such as emotional intelligence, authentic leadership and the RAIV approach (relationships-achievement-independence-vocation) to help explore underlying values and use them to drive effective leadership. Because what worth do our values have unless we put them into practice?
This workshop will help you:
- Appreciate the key skills a leader needs to be effective
- Understand what the organisation expects of you as a leader
- Recognise your leadership style and the impact it has on others
- Consider your role models – who inspires you?
- See leadership from the ‘followers’ perspective – how do you like to be led?
- Discover what holds you back – limiting beliefs
- Examine your core values – do they support your ambition?
- Explore the concept of Emotional Intelligence – how do we manage ourselves?
- Discover how to lead through change
- Explore the concept of ‘Authentic Leadership’ – consider how it can work for you
- Practice some of the skills essential to motivating and influencing for success
- Use the RAIV approach to generating enthusiasm and commitment
- Plan how best to ‘walk the leadership talk’ – in your role, in your organisation
Above all, this workshop will help you put theory into practice, values into actions, in a mature, considered, effective way.
This programme can be adapted to suit the needs of all those in a leadership role in relation to others – from board members to team supervisors.
This programme is based on a mix of theory and practical exercises. Group discussions are frequently used to identify personal positive and negative experiences. Expert trainer feedback enables participants to develop workable personal action plans for improved confidence and performance. Participants will work in large and small groups and receive feedback from their colleagues. The programme helps participants to absorb and reflect on the concepts discussed. It looks at theory but also uses numerous practical exercises. It allows time to develop workable personal action plans for improved confidence and performance. The course is usually delivered in a three-day format but can be adapted to suit your organisation’s specific requirements.
For added value, participants should bring their own targets and role description (and/or those of the people who report to them) for use in the exercises.