Developing the high performing team takes time and effort. But above all, it requires an understanding of the dynamics of high performing teams. This programme helps managers and leaders understand what high performing teams do and how they do it. It focuses on enabling managers to see their teams from different perspectives, allowing them to adapt their styles to maximise team outputs. A core theme is the need for managers of teams to ‘hold up the mirror’ to themselves and to see themselves as a leader of people, to reflect on how others see them and to modify their style accordingly.
This programme will help managers/team leaders:
- Analyse the constituents of a ‘high performing’ team
- Apply essential influencing techniques
- Use a range of communication techniques to support effective teamwork
- Create and articulate team vision
- Generate common values
- Assess team effectiveness and take/recommend the appropriate actions
- Make more efficient use of team time
- Understand and agree on techniques to manage conflict
- Define and implement team meeting protocols that will facilitate team effectiveness
- Use the Prime Focus model to create the environment and framework for a high performing team
- Draft your team strategy to take them to the next level
This programme is designed specifically for those who are managing teams, whether in a line- or a project-management context.
This two-day workshop uses a stimulating mix of theory-based instructional sessions, discussions and exercises to explore best practice. Personal experiences of successful and less successful teams are shared in order to help develop workable personal action plans for improved team performance. The focus throughout the workshop is on creating awareness of team dynamics, developing attitudes and beliefs and embedding newly acquired skills and behaviours as habits. It is highly interactive, very powerful – and great fun!