Design thinking is a tried and tested concept that enables businesses to successfully meet the human needs for their products, services and processes. This very practical session takes you through successful design thinking on a step-by-step basis, giving you tools and techniques you can apply in the workplace. It will help you define a problem and use empathy to look at it in a different way, discovering solutions and innovations with a mindset of continuous improvement.
This design thinking training session will help you understand the principles of design thinking, appreciate its potential to improve and streamline the development of products, services and processes, and, most importantly, put it into practice. You will learn how to:
- Follow the steps
- Empathise – use sensitive questioning to appreciate different perspectives
- Define the problem – bring greater rigour to the process
- Generate new and innovative ideas – encouraging diversity of thought leads to a broader range of potential solutions
- Prototype – greater creativity supports more rapid prototyping
- Test and implement – with a focus on continuous performance improvement
Managers and teams responsible for creating and developing services, processes and products, and particularly those working in transformational change – leaders wanting their teams to contribute more on putting forward ideas and projects.
This one-day workshop addresses the full range of applications – creating services, products and processes. It is highly interactive, very practical – and works just as well virtually as face-to-face session.
You are encouraged to bring a specific work challenge to apply the methodologies for real.
Liz is an extremely popular trainer, coach and facilitator with over 15 years’ experience specializing in creativity, problem-solving and related techniques and disciplines.