This workshop deals with the practical aspects of managing performance at work for people managers. It does not cover the systems and processes and administrative aspects of the role – you need the full-day version for that. It’s therefore important that participants’ expectations are managed and that they know where to access the administrative processes and support outside of the workshop.
By the end of the workshop participants will be able to:
- Understand what performance management is and the benefits for everyone in the organisation
- Understand how individual performance and development fits in to the ‘bigger picture’ and be able to explain the golden thread
- Be able to carry out key performance management and development activities that occur in the PM cycle
- Learn a structure and process for holding a performance management conversation
- Formulate an action plan to take back to work
This session is appropriate to all line managers.
A highly practical half-day workshop (three hours) for a group of up to 12 people. A short mid-session break is included.
Amanda is always the first port of call for public service and VCSE clients. She is an extremely popular trainer, facilitator, coach and consultant with an in-depth understanding of what it means to work in the public and VCSE sectors.
Refresh your knowledge of your organisation’s current strategic plan. Bring a copy of your current performance management and development plan with you to the workshop to work on (instructions are given in advance).
- Learning objectives
- Principles and practice
- The performance management cycle
- What’s in it for me, my team, organisation and customers?
- Linking objectives and priorities to your organisation’s strategic plan
If you prefer to focus on one aspect in more detail then let us know and this session can be tailored to the most relevant topic for your managers.
- Objective setting and development planning
- Holding a mid-year review
- Effective end-of-year review and assessing fairly
- Having a great development plan and encouraging learning that boosts skills, knowledge and behaviours for the job
- A 1-2-1 structure for a performance conversation
- Checklist for a meeting about performance
- Tips for when a conversation becomes challenging
- Personal action planning
To discuss which workshops would best suit you, just give us a call on 01582 463460 and we’ll be happy to talk you through the options.