This programme can be timed to be delivered to fit with your annual performance management cycle. It can be tailored accordingly. It can focus on starting /objective setting, reviewing mid-year or end-of-year assessing. Or it can be run at any point during the year, to give a general overview.
This is a very practical day, with time for peer group activities and discussion. It is participative, balanced with expert trainer input and exercises that help managers to ‘learn by doing’, using their own performance management processes and plans as the raw material. Peer practice and action planning are key parts of making the day a success.
- Understand the principles and benefits of effective people performance management
- Explain and link individual and team objectives to the local business landscape, service plans and strategic objectives
- Practise setting clear and measurable objectives and associated behavioural standards (or review and assess objectives)
- Increase confidence in holding performance management conversations
- Formulate an action plan to take back to work
This session is appropriate to all line managers.
A highly practical one-day workshop (seven hours, including mid-morning and afternoon breaks and a lunch break) for a group of up to 12 people.
Amanda is always the first port of call for public service and VCSE clients. She is an extremely popular trainer, facilitator, coach and consultant with an in-depth understanding of what it means to work in the public and VCSE sectors.
Refresh your knowledge of your organisation’s current strategic plan. Bring a copy of your current performance management and development plan with you to the workshop to work on (instructions are given in advance).
- Learning objectives
- Overview of what is involved in good performance management
- What’s in it for me? And for others?
- Practical peer group task exploring the links between the current strategic plan and personal objectives and priorities
- Being able to explain the golden thread well to your team members
- How to set an objective (SMART)
- Practice writing a work objective and/or a development objective for yourself, with peer feedback
(choose two from this list for depth or have all of them as a more general overview)
- Development needs and planning, including how to write a learning and development plan (template provided or we use yours)
- How to hold a mid-year review
- How to assess performance and development
- How to review and assess performance at year’s end fairly
- Structure and process for an effective conversation ( 1-2-1 model)
- Good practice checklist for holding performance management conversations
- Guidance for dealing with common challenges
To discuss which workshops would best suit you, just give us a call on 01582 463460 and we’ll be happy to talk you through the options.