The ability to influence others is a life skill but also one that has never been so critically useful at work. This one-day workshop is for you if you want to apply models of behavioural change that work and enable you to influence positively and ethically.
This session will set you on the road to discover what you need to be able to think and do, that will help you take people with you. This involves learning some new personal and management tools and models you can tailor to the situation you are in and help you make sure you use the right skills and behaviours to influence well.
- Learn about some influencing styles and methods and how to use them in influencing situations
- Understand which skills and behaviours to use to be a more effective influencer
- Have greater confidence in situations where you need to influence someone
- Use thinking, speaking and behavioural techniques that enable influencing to be effective and positive
This session is appropriate to all managers at any level, especially those who need to influence others upwards, such as elected members.
A highly practical half-day workshop (seven hours including mid-morning and afternoon and lunch breaks) for a group of up to 12 people.
Amanda is always the first port of call for public service and VCSE clients. She is an extremely popular trainer, facilitator, coach and consultant with an in-depth understanding of what it means to work in the public and VCSE sectors.
Bring an image to the workshop of an exemplar influencer with a headline that explains your choice.
- Learning objectives
- Self-assess your current influencing capabilities and areas that need working on
- Constructed using pre-work images brought to the workshop
- Present your thinking on your personal exemplar
- What is successful and effective influencing?
- Modelling skills and behaviours for success
- A personal technique to increase your influencing effectiveness
- A model to illustrate being directive or non-directive with time to apply it in a mini-plan to someone you aim to influence
- The different types of power
- Call to action – using your personal positions of power to consciously influence someone
- Five Influencing Styles Model
- Exploring the model with your peers and using it for your plan to influence someone
To discuss which workshops would best suit you, just give us a call on 01582 463460 and we’ll be happy to talk you through the options.