Why can holding an honest conversation sometimes be so difficult? This unique programme will make it easier for you by giving you the opportunity, in a safe environment, to develop your skills and confidence to hold an honest conversation.
It will help you begin to hold conversations that deliver better outcomes even when they are challenging or difficult. This workshop is for you if:
- You find the conversations you need to have aren’t always easy and you would like to deal with this.
- You need some help on how to do it because you recognise the value of clear and open communication at all levels.
- You want to learn new approaches and ideas that help you be better at holding conversations, including tackling challenging behaviours with others.
- Overcome the barriers to holding effective performance conversations
- Understand how to hold skilled feedback conversations
- Learn a feedback model
- Have an action plan and some further ideas to take back to work
This session is appropriate to managers at all levels, team leaders and supervisors, who want to hold honest conversations.
A highly practical half-day workshop (three hours) for a group of up to 12 people. Includes a short mid-session break.
Amanda is always the first port of call for public service and VCSE clients. She is an extremely popular trainer, facilitator, coach and consultant with an in-depth understanding of what it means to work in the public and VCSE sectors.
Complete a task about a typical 1-2-1 agenda and bring it to the session.
- Your honest conversation challenges
- Learning objectives
- Consequences and benefits for the individual, manager and organisation
- Activity using the pre-workshop task about holding 1-2-1s
- Some exercises and activities that explore providing and receiving feedback
- Feedback model – learning and understanding how to use a structured model
- Short, small group activity to identify different approaches for managing behaviours you find difficult
- Personal review and action planning
- This workshop can be delivered as a full day or a two-hour ‘light touch’ session (removing 2 activities and the break).
- There is also a 90-minute webinar version.
To discuss which workshops would best suit you, just give us a call on 01582 463460 and we’ll be happy to talk you through the options.