Why is holding an honest conversation sometimes so difficult?
This unique programme will make it easier for you by giving you the opportunity to develop your skills and confidence to hold an honest conversation, in a safe environment. It will help you have conversations that deliver better outcomes even when they are challenging or difficult.
This workshop is for you if:
- You find the conversations you need to have aren’t always easy and would like to solve this.
- You need some help on how to do it because you recognise the value of clear and open communication at all levels.
- You want to learn new approaches, ideas and techniques that help you be more effective at holding conversations, including tackling challenging behaviours with others.
- Overcome the barriers to holding effective performance conversations
- Understand how to hold skilled feedback conversations
- Improve working relationships with colleagues, those you report to and those who report to you
- Learn a feedback model
- Plan and prepare for honest conversations at work
This session is appropriate to managers at all levels, team leaders and supervisors who want to hold honest conversations.
A highly practical one-day workshop (seven hours including mid-morning, lunch and afternoon breaks) for a group of up to 12 people.
Amanda is always the first port of call for public service and VCSE clients. She is an extremely popular trainer, facilitator, coach and consultant with an in-depth understanding of what it means to work in the public and VCSE sectors.
Complete a task about a typical 1-2-1 agenda and bring it to the session.
- Your honest conversation challenges
- Learning objectives
- Consequences and benefits for the individual, manager and organisation
- Activity using the pre-workshop task about holding 1-2-1s
- ‘Fierce’ conversations based on trust
- Exercises and activities to explore providing and receiving feedback
- Feedback model – learning and understanding how to use a structured model
- Small group activity to identify different approaches for managing behaviours you find difficult
- Exercise and discussion
- Verbal and non-verbal communication, building rapport, active listening, making sense of body language
- Tasks and peer discussion followed by plenary review
- Understanding the conflict curve
- How and when to deal with conflict when it arises
- Personal activity – using a checklist
- Feedback and review in plenary
- Honest conversation starters
- Using assertive language
- Personal review and action planning
This is one of our most popular workshops.
- It’s also available as a half-day session
- There’s a 90-minute ‘flexinar’ version too
To discuss which workshops would best suit you, just give us a call on 01582 463460 and we’ll be happy to talk you through the options.