‘Agile working’ describes a world of work without fixed times and places to work from; freed up by a combination of smart technology, digital working practice, life/work balance and wellbeing approaches; and responsive to external demands from stakeholders such as customers and Government.
This half-day workshop will help you embed and manage effective flexible and remote working. You will explore the challenges of managing performance to outcomes, building trust and managing engagement and communication. And you’ll assess how well you model an agile style to help with challenges such as workload management and remote presenteeism.
- Understand flexible and remote ways of working and the ways to manage team members this needs
- Identify the challenges this presents and how you will overcome them
- Leverage different methods and approaches available to managing people and work remotely
- Understand how to manage performance to outcomes
- Shift mind-sets through modelling and using an agile management approach
This session is appropriate to managers at all levels. It works well for a whole management team and can be tailored to help members work within specific behavioural frameworks such as organisational values.
A practical half-day workshop (three hours) for a group of up to 12 people.
Amanda is always the first port of call for public service and VCSE clients. She is an extremely popular trainer, facilitator, coach and consultant with an in-depth understanding of what it means to work in the public and VCSE sectors.
- Learning objectives
- Benefits and challenges exercise (note – this can be facilitated as a tailored activity with an in-house management team as an option)
- Leveraging the benefits and dealing with the challenges
- Results orientated work environment
- Managing performance to outcomes
- Exploring how you will do this with your team
- Three pillars of trust model: how you build trust
- Key ingredients to managing in a remote and flexible environment: empowerment, communication and delegation
- Self-assess yourself against the key attributes you need
- How will you model ‘agile’? Identify your actions to develop an effective agile management style
- Guidance – hints and tips to help you move forwards
- Personal action planning
To discuss which workshops would best suit you, just give us a call on 01582 463460 and we’ll be happy to talk you through the options.