Millennials make up the largest percentage of the workforce, posing challenges to long-standing structures, working practices and management styles. With this change there have been shifts in the way organisations need to bring generations together, adapt the working environment, and manage a diverse population.
This practical session focusses not just on millennials, but on the traits and characteristics of each of the generations found in the workplace, and the differences between them. Exploring preferences and behaviours through practical case study discussions, participants will work to understand and respect generational differences and commonalities, adapt their style to avoid a ‘one size fits all’ approach, and turn negative stereotypes into positive working relationships.
Particular attention is paid to the impact on teamwork, communication, motivation, performance, collaboration and reward.
- Understand the manager’s role in managing a multi-generational workforce
- Explore the characteristics of different generations
- Be able to map the needs of your workforce
- Know how to create a collaborative working environment that draws on generational strengths
- Appreciate the adaptations needed to recruit, retain and develop people at different life stages
To discuss which management and personal effectiveness modules would best suit you, just give us a call on 01582 463460 and we’ll be happy to talk you through the options.