Millennials make up the largest percentage of the workforce, posing challenges to long-standing structures, working practices and management styles. With this change there have been shifts in the way organisations need to bring generations together, adapt the working environment, and manage a diverse population.
This practical session focusses not just on millennials, but on the traits and characteristics of each of the generations found in the workplace, and the differences between them. Exploring preferences and behaviours through practical case study discussions, participants will work to understand and respect generational differences and commonalities, adapt their style to avoid a ‘one size fits all’ approach, and turn negative stereotypes into positive working relationships.
Particular attention is paid to the impact on teamwork, communication, motivation, performance, collaboration and reward.
- Understand the manager’s role in managing a multi-generational workforce
- Explore the characteristics of different generations
- Be able to map the needs of your workforce
- Know how to create a collaborative working environment that draws on generational strengths
- Appreciate the adaptations needed to recruit, retain and develop people at different life stages
This session is usually delivered by Scott Rumsey, one of our most popular trainers. See some of the feedback he’s had recently:
- ‘Outstanding presentation.’
- ‘Scott was awesome – he managed the Zoom chat extremely well and made everyone feel part of a community who felt comfortable to share. Thank you.’
- ‘Scott is brilliant.’
- ‘Another excellent course run by Scott – thank you.’
- ‘Scott has a great, great presentation style, experienced and knowledgeable.’
- ‘I always enjoy Scott’s sessions. This was a great light bite of a fascinating subject.’
- ‘For such a short time lots was covered. Scott always makes you feel special. Thank you.’
- ‘A really lively informative session in a short space of time. Really liked Scott as a presenter – very engaging for a large group over Zoom!’
- ‘Really enjoy Scott’s style of presentation and his honesty when giving personal examples of situations.’
- ‘Very well structured, insightful and informative. Best web session I have attended anywhere this year – Scott is a talented virtual facilitator.’
- ‘Scott is great, lovely session!’
- ‘Excellent presenter.’
- ‘Scott is always really informative and encourages active debate.’
- ‘Great webinar as always – Scott Rumsey is both knowledgeable and skilled in managing to convey so much in a brief session.’
- ‘The trainer was really upbeat and inspiring – I came away feeling uplifted and motivated to get more organised!’
- ‘Really enjoyed it, useful hints and tips – Scott has been brilliant as ever.’
- ‘Really good interactive session. BRILLIANT! Scott is lovely!’
To discuss which management and personal effectiveness modules would best suit you, just give us a call on 01582 463460 and we’ll be happy to talk you through the options.