Rational, problem-solving intelligence is not enough.
You need EQ – the ability to monitor one’s own and others’ feelings and emotions, to discriminate among them, and to use this information to guide one’s thinking and actions – as well.
Surprisingly, perhaps, this realisation has been one of the most important business developments in recent times. This session will help you explore what it means for you and understand how to use it to make your life easier, less stressful, more successful.
- Get to grips with the different elements of emotional intelligence and appreciate their importance
- Identify your own emotional intelligence ‘blind spots’
- Learn how to use emotional intelligence to bring out the best in others
- Be able to cope with disappointments, challenges and obstacles more effectively
- Know how to demonstrate empathy in a wide range of situations
- Discover how to ‘read’ the ‘silent messages’ other people send out and know what they’re really saying
- Find out how to give emotionally intelligent feedback that people can take on more easily
‘Emotional intelligence’ is one of our five most popular ‘modules’ and Scott Rumsey is one of our most popular trainers. See some of the feedback he’s had recently from delivering this module both virtually and face-to-face:
- ‘Useful course for applying skills of emotional intelligence in daily life.’
- ‘Thought-provoking course that invites you to evaluate your approach to situations that grind your gears.’
- ‘Great insight into EI and how to apply, backed up with online support for applying further.’
- ‘Very informative with some excellent take-aways for self-development. Thank you.’
- ‘I thought it was very insightful and interesting to learn about how EQ works and how I can adapt it to myself to situations.’
- ‘Very interesting – especially when dealing with customer service. Listening to the other person is so important so you get an insight as to what their real issue is.’
- ‘Punchy and very useful. Really thought-provoking and provided clear strategies and activity to share more widely rather than just words!’
- ‘Really enjoy Scott’s style of presentation and his honesty when giving personal examples of situations.’
- ‘Very short session of 45 minutes, concise and to the point.’
- ‘Loved the stories, session, frameworks /models. So well presented, spiced with stories. Thanks so much again, Scott!’
- ‘Very well structured, insightful and informative. Best web session I have attended anywhere this year – Scott is a talented virtual facilitator.’
- ‘Really interesting presentation – well delivered. I have seen a lot of this before but really nice to see it captured again within a COVID-19 theme. Reinforced a lot of points I forgot about. I will definitely use the 3As from now on – a great way to stop reacting immediately. Delighted and well done.’
- ‘A very helpful and tightly-focused session providing a great recap of some concepts and tools I’d previously encountered, but which it never hurts to revisit often! It’s obviously a very different and much more compressed experience over Zoom than “in a room” for trainer and participants alike. But the immediacy of the online chat and sharing of resources has its own unique value and sense of shared space (albeit more briefly than if one was attending in a physical place). In its own way, I think the session gave its own empathic insight – everyone keen to attend and contribute because emotional, financial, relationship and other key pressures are all so “present” right now during the pandemic.’
- ‘Great session – Scott always presents content well. I like the interaction between the trainer and the attendees.’
- ‘Very enjoyable.’
- ‘Enjoyed the session. A good reminder of some models I’m already familiar with but also some nice introductions into some models I haven’t been introduced to before: Perceptual Positions. 3As.’
- ‘The session was concise and insightful.’
- ‘Just about right. Good to take another look at this now that we don’t have those face-to-face meetings.’
- ‘Great content, great balance of providing information and engaging participants.’
- ‘Brilliant session. Very simple to follow with some great tips and tools that are easy enough to implement.’
To discuss which management and personal effectiveness modules would best suit you, just give us a call on 01582 463460 and we’ll be happy to talk you through the options.