When people are assertive they portray a strong, confident image and can put their views across while still taking other people’s opinions into account.
Non-assertive, passive aggressive or aggressive behaviour can cause misunderstandings, frustration and even a breakdown in relationships at work.
In this highly practical session participants discover how effective body language, voice, and the words they say make a big difference to the results they get. Importantly, they learn how to build confidence that leads to assertive behaviour more of the time. And how to disagree without being disagreeable!
- Recognise the differences between assertive, aggressive and passive behaviour
- Overcome the barriers to assertive behaviour
- Understand the impact your non-verbal communication has on people
- Make assertive requests – and follow up effectively
- Say ‘no’, where appropriate
- Be more assertive in meetings
- Give negative feedback – without giving offence
To discuss which management and personal effectiveness modules would best suit you, just give us a call on 01582 463460 and we’ll be happy to talk you through the options.