This interactive session focuses on the key cultural traits of the Spanish and LATAM culture and how to avoid the most common pitfalls when doing business with Spanish or LATAM companies or when working with Spanish or LATAM colleagues.
Rather than speaking about stereotypes, we will be focusing on each country’s tendencies in order to develop work strategies that include how to build business relationships, negotiate and conduct meetings more effectively in high uncertainty avoidant countries where hierarchies are big and belonging to the group is essential to conduct business.
Useful tips and experience-sharing make this session highly practical and easy to implement.
Prerequisite: having attended the introductory session on ‘Understanding cultural difference’.
- Understand key aspects of the Spanish and ‘Ibero-American’ (Spanish-speaking) countries’ working culture
- Learn how to adapt your communication and negotiation styles
- Be aware of dos and don’ts when dealing with Spaniards and LATAM
- Build a personal action plan to implement learning in the workplace
A highly interactive 90-minute webinar for groups of 6 to 8, this module alternates short classroom-style explanations with smaller-group / peer discussions and exercises, and individual reflection and planning.
Georgina Barquin holds three nationalities (North American, Spanish and Mexican). She has three cultures integrated within her and is bilingual English and Spanish. She has over 17,000 hours of training experience with more than 7,000 executives from all around the world. Georgina has worked in Europe, the USA and China. She has vast experience using different platforms to deliver online content. Apart from her executive work, she is a Cultural Intelligence professor at various prestigious Business Schools in Spain and has published several articles in Forbes Mexico, The Economist Mexico and The Economist in Spain.
- Objectives and agenda
- Quick review of culture and its components
- The value of being able to understand key cultural differences
- Key aspects of how to build enduring and effective relationships
- Experience-sharing and individual challenges
- Examples of suggested behaviour in typical business and social situations
- Summary of key learning points
- Reflection and sharing of next steps
To discuss which webinars would best suit you, just give us a call on 01582 463460 and we’ll be happy to talk you through the options.