This interactive session focuses on the key cultural traits of the French and how to avoid the most common pitfalls when doing business across the Channel.
If you want to go beyond the stereotypes and really understand the French approach to business relationships, negotiations, or meetings, you need to attend this module.
Useful tips and experience-sharing make this session highly practical and easy to implement.
Prerequisite: having attended the introductory session on ‘Understanding cultural difference’.
- Understand key aspects of the French working culture
- Learn how to adapt your communication and negotiation styles
- Be aware of dos and don’ts when dealing with the French
- Build a personal action plan to implement learning in the workplace
A highly interactive 90-minute webinar for groups of 6 to 8, this module alternates short classroom-style explanations with smaller-group / peer discussions and exercises, and individual reflection and planning.
Angela Lequenne is an experienced cross-cultural coach and trainer, with experience of cultures across Europe and north America. An Italian living in France, she is particularly alert to the potential for both pitfalls and benefits when working across cultures.
Passionate about foreign cultures, human relationships and service, she developed her career in the travel and hospitality industries, working for over 20 years in global companies such as Disney, Jet Tours and Hotelplan before becoming a highly successful independent trainer and coach.
- Objectives and agenda
- Quick review of culture and its components
- The value of being able to understand key cultural differences
- Key aspects of the ‘French way’ that generally surprise newcomers
- Experience-sharing and individual challenges
- Examples of suggested behaviour in typical business and social situations
- Summary of key learning points
- Reflection and sharing of next steps
To discuss which webinars would best suit you, just give us a call on 01582 463460 and we’ll be happy to talk you through the options.