This interactive session focuses on the key cultural traits of the Austrian work culture and how to avoid the most common pitfalls when doing business with Austrian companies or when working with Austrian colleagues.
If you want to go beyond the stereotypes and really understand the Austrian approach to business relationships, negotiations, or meetings, you need to attend this module.
Useful tips and experience-sharing make this session highly practical and easy to implement.
Prerequisite: having attended the introductory session on ‘Understanding cultural difference’.
- Understand key aspects of the Austrian working culture
- Learn how to adapt your communication and negotiation styles
- Be aware of dos and don’ts when dealing with the Austrians
- Build a personal action plan to implement learning in the workplace
A highly interactive 90-minute webinar for groups of 6 to 8, this module alternates short classroom-style explanations with smaller-group / peer discussions and exercises, and individual reflection and planning.
Martin Maglia is an experienced cross-cultural coach and trainer, having trained leaders and staff in over 50 countries worldwide. He has lived in Saudi Arabia and Spain and brings a balanced combination of high-quality business experience, academic training and a passion for working with people to his work as an expert in training and coaching. Martin has been involved in numerous large-scale training project rollouts, nationally and internationally, including train-the-trainer sessions. He has designed and delivered programmes for a very wide variety of clients of all nationalities.
- Objectives and agenda
- Quick review of culture and its components
- The value of being able to understand key cultural differences
- A little bit of history – from Franz Joseph’s Monarchy to Republic
- The Austrian way to compromise – Social Partnership
- Key aspects of the ‘Austrian way’ and how to consider them in business
- Experience-sharing and individual challenges
- Examples of suggested behaviour in typical business and social situations
- Summary of key learning points
- Reflection and sharing of next steps
To discuss which webinars would best suit you, just give us a call on 01582 463460 and we’ll be happy to talk you through the options.