Doing business internationally is a daily matter for many companies and professionals. Working and managing remotely is also a growing trend, with specific activities and teams located across the globe, under the supervision of headquarter-based managers.
Although managing global teams and team members from different cultures is widespread, most managers underestimate the importance of cross-cultural competence, thinking that as long as everybody can speak the same language (ie, English) everything will run smoothly.
This interactive session focuses on the key challenges related to managing people from different cultures and provides tips to avoid the most common pitfalls of cross-cultural communication.
Together with the ‘Understanding cultural difference’ module, this webinar is a ‘must-do’ for anyone wanting to be successful in a global environment.
- Understand why culture affects our habits and behaviours so much
- Learn about core cultural differences affecting leadership styles and team spirit
- Develop a more flexible management style to realise your global team’s potential
- Know the key areas to pay attention to in order to avoid major cultural faux pas
A highly interactive 90-minute webinar for groups of 6 to 8, this module alternates short classroom-style explanations with smaller-group/peer discussions and exercises, and individual reflection and planning.
Angela Lequenne is an experienced cross-cultural coach and trainer, with experience of cultures across Europe and north America. An Italian living in France, she is particularly alert to the potential for both pitfalls and benefits when working across cultures.
Passionate about foreign cultures, human relationships and service, she developed her career in the travel and hospitality industries, working for over 20 years in global companies such as Disney, Jet Tours and Hotelplan before becoming a highly successful independent trainer and coach.
- Objectives and agenda
- What is culture and why does it matter?
- The value of being able to appreciate cultural differences in a team
- How culture affects basic team activities, eg, communication, meetings, reporting, and performance reviews
- Understanding and overcoming different cultural habits
- Experience sharing
- Identify and develop your team’s strengths
- Cultural relativity: there is no ‘right’ or ‘wrong’, just shared habits
- Self-reflection and sharing
- Summary of key learning points
- Reflection and sharing of next steps
To discuss which webinars would best suit you, just give us a call on 01582 463460 and we’ll be happy to talk you through the options.