This interactive session focuses on three key cultural dimensions that influence our business relationships and management styles. Setting up and conducting effective meetings, negotiations, or implementing change may all be very different matters, depending on the cultural values and habits of the parties.
Useful tips and experience-sharing make this session highly practical and easy to implement.
Prerequisite: having attended the introductory session on ‘Understanding cultural difference’.
- Understand the key cultural dimensions of our relationships to time, to rules, and to risk
- Appreciate their impact on daily business situations
- Reflect on personal preferences and their impact on current relationships and work environments
- Build a personal action plan to implement learning in the workplace
A highly interactive 90-minute webinar for groups of 6 to 8, this module alternates short classroom-style explanations with smaller-group / peer discussions and exercises, and individual reflection and planning.
It can also be delivered to multi-cultural teams, regrouping participants from different cultures at the same time, serving as a team-building opportunity as well as a cultural awareness-raising session.
Angela Lequenne is an experienced cross-cultural coach and trainer, with experience of cultures across Europe and north America. An Italian living in France, she is particularly alert to the potential for both pitfalls and benefits when working across cultures.
Passionate about foreign cultures, human relationships and service, she developed her career in the travel and hospitality industries, working for over 20 years in global companies such as Disney, Jet Tours and Hotelplan before becoming a highly successful independent trainer and coach.
- Objectives and agenda
- Quick review of culture and cultural dimensions
- The value of being able to understand key cultural dimensions
- The cultural dimension of our relationship with time
- Implications for meetings
- Experience-sharing and individual challenges
- The cultural dimension of our relationship with rules
- Implications for negotiations and work process
- Self-evaluation and individual challenges
- The cultural dimension of our relationship with risk
- Implications for decision-making and change management
- Self-reflection and sharing
- Summary of key learning points
- Reflection and sharing of next steps
To discuss which webinars would best suit you, just give us a call on 01582 463460 and we’ll be happy to talk you through the options.