This interactive session focuses on the importance of knowing how to give effective feedback to people who do not share our cultural background. Communication style, relationship to power, as well as individual perception of criticism and learning experiences heavily depend on our culture.
Everybody appreciates constructive feedback. What makes the (big!) difference is how the feedback is delivered, eg, the most positive and encouraging comment may be seen as embarrassing in some cases.
Useful tips and experience-sharing make this session highly practical and easy to implement.
Prerequisite: having attended the introductory session on ‘Understanding cultural difference’.
- Understand the impact of cultural traits and habits on the way feedback is given and received
- Learn how to adapt a structured feedback format to different cultures
- Reflect on personal style and its impact on current relationships and work environment
- Build a personal action plan to implement learning in the workplace
A highly interactive 90-minute webinar for groups of 6 to 8, this module alternates short classroom-style explanations with smaller-group / peer discussions and exercises, and individual reflection and planning.
Angela Lequenne is an experienced cross-cultural coach and trainer, with experience of cultures across Europe and north America. An Italian living in France, she is particularly alert to the potential for both pitfalls and benefits when working across cultures.
Passionate about foreign cultures, human relationships and service, she developed her career in the travel and hospitality industries, working for over 20 years in global companies such as Disney, Jet Tours and Hotelplan before becoming a highly successful independent trainer and coach.
- Objectives and agenda
- Quick review of culture and cultural dimensions
- The value of being able to understand key cultural dimensions
- Cultural differences affecting feedback: view of failure as a way of learning, communication styles, importance of self-image
- Experience-sharing and individual challenges
- Review of typical feedback methods and how to adapt them to different cultural preferences
- Practice time on typical management situations
- Summary of key learning points
- Reflection and sharing of next steps
To discuss which webinars would best suit you, just give us a call on 01582 463460 and we’ll be happy to talk you through the options.