In her 30 years in HR, Janet has worked across a wide range of sectors including professional services, banking, the public sector and manufacturing. With deep experience as a senior HR business partner and HR project leader, she has an exceptional track record of successfully developing talent, transforming back office functions, and improving employee engagement through organisational change and managing performance.
Janet has strong listening and influencing skills, as well as the ability to think laterally to develop innovative, business-focused solutions for HR issues.
Key areas of expertise
Advice and support on:
HR Project Management, including performance management
Janet is expert at delivering change across HR functions, combining her HR knowledge and team leading skills, for example:
- Project managing a newly created team at PwC to transform performance management, using neuroscience and its impact on engagement.
- Transferring under TUPE whole business functions of up to 300 people from major employers like BP and the London Stock Exchange to Accenture’s outsourcing division.
- Leading a team which developed a large group intervention for the whole of HR in PwC.
Front-line HR business partnering
A key focus for Janet has been working with business leadership to:
- Significantly increase engagement though organisational change and leadership behaviour.
- Develop talent and plan succession at PwC and Rover Cars to benefit both the individual and the business.
- Set up high quality HR teams both in the UK and overseas for the Bank of England, Morgan Stanley and Accenture’s outsourcing arm.
Coaching, talent management and people development
Janet is an experienced executive coach and has focused on talent development during her career:
- Coached senior people on leadership programmes for PwC, as well as individuals in the business for both PwC and the Bank of England.
- Created a learning curriculum for a mixed division of consultants and tax accountants, as well as developed and facilitated programmes for senior managers on key business relationship and leadership skills.
- Worked with senior business leaders at PwC and Rover to set up talent review groups.
- Developed high potential criteria for PwC UK with a talent expert.
Before setting up her own consultancy, Janet spent most of her career in professional services with PricewaterhouseCoopers and Accenture, both in HR leader roles working closely with the business and outsourcing organisations, as well as running EMEA and UK HR projects.
Other experience was in financial services at Morgan Stanley, as well as in the public sector at the Bank of England, although her initial training was in manufacturing at Rover Cars.
Qualifications, training and professional memberships
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development.
- Undertaking Professional Certificate in Coaching at Henley Business School (finishing shortly).
- Degree in French and German; Certificate of the Paris Chamber of Commerce in Business French.
- Qualified to use FIRO-B and Realise 2 strengths profiling, as well as some SHL tools.