Clare is an organisational change consultant, a leadership development specialist and an executive coach, with nearly twenty years’ experience in the Civil Service, wider public sector and other organisations. She has worked with senior leaders across government departments (including the Home Office and the Cabinet Office) to support all aspects of strategic change.
Much of her work has focused on strengthening relationships and team dynamics in senior teams, contributing to strategy development, and designing and delivering talent and associated programmes.
As a consultant, she specialises in:
- Cultural change
- Developing Boards and Executive Teams
- Executive Coaching
- Design and facilitation of large group events
Her most recent post, before setting up her consultancy in 2017, was in the National Crime Agency as the Head of OD, L&D and Leadership Capability. She is an Associate of the Kings Fund, developing senior leadership within St George’s Hospital, London. She also works with the Church Schools of Cambridge, coaching headteachers and supporting the charity’s organisation development, and is a mentor at the University of Cambridge Judge Business School. She has undertaken consultancy work for the Independent Office of Police Conduct, working on leadership development and culture change.
Key areas of expertise
- OD consultant
- Executive coach
- Cognitive Behavioural Coach
- Action Learning Set facilitator
- A background in human capital approaches to HR, including employee engagement, talent identification and development, early talent programme design, leadership development, leadership model design and implementation, away day design and facilitation, and employee relations in unionized environments
- Influencing in large organisations and very political environments.
- Head of OD, L&D and Leadership Capability; National Crime Agency, 2015-2017
- HR Capability and Talent Lead; Cabinet Office, 2013-2015
- Head of Core Skills Assessment Centre; Home Office, 2012-2013
- Organisation Development Consultant; OD Shared Expert Service, Home Office, 2011-2012
- Business Analyst; Home Office, 2010-2011
- L&D Coordinator; UK Border Agency, 2009-2010
Qualifications, training and professional memberships
- 2013 MSc in Human Resource Management and Development, Nottingham Trent Business School
- 2009 Certificate in Coaching, Institute of Leadership and Management
- 2009 Advanced Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Approaches to Psychotherapy and Counselling, The Centre for Stress Management and Middlesex University
- 2001 BA Hons, University of East Anglia