This interactive workshop focuses on developing the ‘inner’ aspects of you as a coach. The programme will help you to understand how what you are experiencing influences your motivations, disposition, and ultimately your coaching delivery.
You will be able to explore your thinking preferences and needs (using a profiling tool such as MBTI) and your social preferences and needs (using Shultz’s FIRO B: Fundamental Interpersonal Relationship Orientation – Behaviour). We will look at how you get your needs met appropriately, allowing you to be a more resourceful coach.
This workshop will help you explore:
- Your thinking preferences and needs
- Implications for your thinking preferences and needs for how you work with clients
- Your social preferences and needs
- Implications for your social preferences and needs for how you work with clients
- Your ‘emotional battery’ – how to ensure you are in a resourceful state
This workshop is for any coach, at whatever level of experience, who wants to gain a better understanding of themselves as ‘the coaching tool’, and the implications for coaching.
You will complete the two profiles before attending this one-day workshop and have the opportunity to receive feedback on your reports from your coach trainer, who is an accredited member of the British Psychological Society. This will be an interactive day and to get the best out of it we hope you will be willing to share and explore your profiles with others and bring a couple of issues to be coached on.
High performance coaching workshop outline
1 Introduction and welcome
- Understanding the expertise in the room
- How can we make the day work best for you?
2 Thinking preferences and needs
- Overview of type theory
- My type profile
- Coaching strengths and styles of different type profiles
- Implications of my preference for coaching
- Implication of your client’s preference for coaching
- Skills practice – coaching with type in mind
3 Social preferences and needs
- Overview of Shultz’s theory and model for social needs
- Your FIRO-B profile
- Implication of your social needs and coaching
- Implications of your client’s social needs and coaching
- Skills practice – coaching with social needs in mind
4 Being at our best
- Recognising when you are less resourceful
- Your ‘emotional battery’ and how you get your needs met
- Developing a personal plan to manage emotional energy
5 Learning review
- Application and action planning
For a no-obligation discussion about running this workshop for your organisation please just give us a call on 01582 714280.