Coaching skills in a day!
Consciously or not, most of us use a coaching approach at work to one degree or another. When we are clearer about what we do that works we get even better results. When we invest time in building our skills, by getting some training in the subject, we get the best results of all.
If you’re interested in improving your coaching skills, then this is the programme for you.
It’s a very practical, lively, engaging session designed to introduce the knowledge and skills that will help you develop your coaching style – whether that’s to help you with managing your own team, for communicating with colleagues or internal ‘clients’ and stakeholders, or with a view to moving on and becoming a qualified coach.
This programme will help you:
- Enhance your understanding of the skills and approaches that underpin coaching excellence
- Improve the quality of your coaching by leveraging the skills that you already have
- Learn how to make your coaching conversations more effective
- Develop an action plan to take your coaching to the next level
Anyone wishing to take their coaching to the next level:
- Managers who use a coaching approach
- HR professionals
- Anyone considering a coaching qualification
This one-day workshop is based on a series of short theory and good practice facilitator-led sessions followed up by personal practice. The focus is on active learning and the day involves group discussion, skills practice and practical exercises.
Coaching skills in a day! – workshop outline
1 Welcome and introduction
- What will make today worthwhile for you?
2 Coaching or ‘a coaching approach’?
- What is coaching? Myths and reality
- What is ‘a coaching approach’? What’s the difference?
- How does ‘a coaching approach’ differ from a management conversation?
- Heron’s model for ‘coaching styles’
- Your coaching / communication style
3 Four key coaching skills
- Building trust and rapport
- Active listening
- Powerful questions
- Designing action
4 A framework for a coaching conversation
- The OSCAR model
– Choices / consequences
- Encourage accountability and responsibility with team members
- Empower colleagues / clients
- Skills practice: using the OSCAR framework and core coaching skills to achieve effective outcomes from a coaching conversation
6 Review and next steps
- Reflections and action planning
Download workshop outline here.
For a no-obligation discussion about running this workshop for your organisation please just give us a call on 01582 714280.