Maximum Coaching’s Certified coach training programme – 2019-20
Do you want to take your coaching to the next level?
Train with an outstanding coaching team led by Elizabeth Crosse MCC, build your professional coaching career, work towards your coaching credential with the internationally recognised International Coach Federation (ICF) and have the option of picking up the ILM Level 7 qualification along the way.
After successfully completing Maximum Coaching’s Certified Coach Training Programme, and completing the necessary post-training coaching hours, you will be able to apply for and achieve the ICF Associate Certified Coach (ACC) qualification.
This programme is approved by the ICF for 60 hours of coach specific training.
Is the ACC qualification the right one for you? Ask Elizabeth – call 01582 714280 today.
If you’re thinking about ICF certification, we now have two options for you:
- An open course in London: two ‘intakes’ a year, in October and March.
- An in-house programme, held on your premises, any time to suit you.
View our online booklet!
Or download a printer-friendly version of the interactive booklet’s content HERE.
March 2019 programme dates
13-14 March 2019
GROUP COACH MENTORING (WEBINAR)
3 April 2019
1-2 May 2019
5-6 June 2019
GROUP COACH MENTORING (WEBINAR)
26 June 2019
3-4 July 2019
October 2019 programme dates
16-17 October 2019
GROUP COACH MENTORING (WEBINAR)
30 October 2019
19-20 November 2019
15-16 January 2020
GROUP COACH MENTORING (WEBINAR)
12 February 2020
3-4 March 2020
Our comprehensive programme gives you the knowledge, skills and experience to enable you to build the type of coaching relationships that deliver real value to your clients.
At the end of your training you will discover ‘who you are as a coach’ and have the confidence to develop your practice in a way that aligns with your style, skills and experience.
Our expert coaching programme gives you 60 hours of coach-specific training, made up of:
- 56 hours classroom time with the trainer
- 4 hours self-directed study
And 10 hours coach mentoring, made up of:
- 7 hours group coach mentoring
- 3 hours one-to-one coach mentoring
And a recommendation of a minimum of 12 hours coaching with at least two volunteer clients.
During the eight days of face-to-face training, you will:
- Learn the distinction between coaching and other interventions
- Appreciate the importance of robust contacting and the impact of the ICF Code of Ethics on your coaching
- Be introduced to a range of coaching models, skills and techniques encompassing the eleven ICF Core Coaching Competencies
- Discover how to apply professional coaching skills to develop your own coaching style
INTRODUCTION TO COACHING
Establishing the coaching relationship and introducing a range of coaching models, skills and techniques that encompass the 11 ICF Core Competencies:
- Develop a clearer understanding of what coaching is and what it is not
- Explore the ICF’s ethical guidelines and professional standards for coaching
- Identify the key elements of contracting
- Apply a coaching framework and the key coaching competencies to a coaching conversation
- Benchmark yourself against the ICF’s ACC coaching standards and identified personal coaching development objectives
- Deliver constructive feedback that allows peers to build on their strengths and recognise areas for development
- Have the confidence and foundation skills to start a coaching relationship
A minimum of 12 hours coaching
with at least two volunteer clients
GROUP COACH MENTORING
(½ day webinar)
BUILDING COACHING SKILLS
Building coaching competence, challenging with integrity and using your intuition. Looking in more detail at ethics, standards and boundaries and their impact on the coach, client and coaching relationship:
- Develop your ability to challenge with integrity
- Explore potential ‘ethical dilemmas’ and develop strategies to deal with them
- Improve your ability to be fully present and choose the most effective intervention in the moment
- Recognise the importance of strong personal standards and boundaries
- Develop your repertoire of coaching interventions
- Develop your own coaching framework
ADVANCED COACHING SKILLS
This focuses on transformational coaching: how we support clients in creating sustainable change. It’s about working with their inner world, dealing with emotions, and encouraging them to challenge their assumptions, beliefs and behaviours in order to engage in a different way with current and future challenges.
We will also explore ‘who you are as a coach’ as you gain greater clarity on your unique approach and start to integrate your learning. There will also be the opportunity to build your coaching toolkit by exploring some creative coaching techniques:
- Develop confidence in working with strong emotions without becoming enmeshed
- Assess your client’s ‘readiness for change’ and identify coaching interventions that will move them forward
- Improve your ability to challenge clients’ unhelpful assumptions, perspectives and behaviours
- Increase your range of coaching interventions to help your clients gain and integrate new awareness to help them achieve their desired outcomes
GROUP COACH MENTORING
(½ day webinar)
COACHING REVIEW AND CONSOLIDATION
The first day of this module will be an opportunity to think about the impact of your values and needs on how you coach. We will also review and consolidate your learning in preparation for the skills benchmarking against the ICF Core Competencies. The second day will be a skills benchmarking exercise. It will be an opportunity to demonstrate evidence of the ICF Core Competencies against the ACC criteria in a live coaching session. Your feedback report from this day will provide the foundation for a development plan to support your ongoing learning journey.
ONE-TO-ONE COACH MENTORING
Three one-hour sessions with an ICF coach mentor held on the telephone / Skype; to be arranged individually.
Your programme director
Elizabeth Crosse MCC is our Coaching Practice Director, and delivers professional coaching, internal coach training, mentoring and supervision programmes.
She is an experienced professional coach (one of only a handful of Master Certified Coaches in the UK) and a qualified coach supervisor with over 25 years of expertise in learning, facilitating and training in the UK and abroad. She has delivered more than 10,000 hours of one-to-one and team coaching and more than 5,000 hours of coach training and supervision.
A pioneer in introducing internal coaching and the ICF to the public sector, over the last 15 years she has shared her experience with organisations across the public, private and voluntary sectors in both the UK and internationally.
Each module contains a minimum of two coaching skills practice sessions where you will take the role of coach, client and observer. You’ll have ample opportunity to observe coaching in action, practise and get feedback on your use of these skills. These sessions are observed by credentialled coaches and this feedback enables you to benchmark your progress in demonstrating the required level of competence at ACC level.
The focus is on active learning, involving group discussion, skills practise and practical exercises, and is split over:
- 4 separate modules
- 2 group coach mentoring sessions
- 3 one-to-one coach mentoring sessions and
- a minimum of 12 hours coaching with at least two volunteer clients
Self-directed study takes place with fellow participants, and you are advised to keep a learning journal. These activities provide the chance for additional coaching skills practice, reflection and peer feedback.
You will be required to complete 12 hours coaching with a minimum of 2 clients over the duration of the programme. These may be your own clients or individuals from our partner organisations who are looking for a coach.
Achieving your ICF ACC qualification
You can be assured that we will work with you to get you in the best possible position to achieve your credential. And our coaches will be on hand to offer advice and guidance throughout your training.
Our programme is designed to meet your needs if you are committed to developing as a coach and would like the option of being credentialled by the International Coaching Federation (ICF) at ACC standard. It is written and designed by professionally trained and ICF credentialled coaches to align with the ICF’s Core Competencies, standards and ethics. Your progress will be regularly reviewed throughout the programme to facilitate your learning, and support your development and credentialling path in line with ICF requirements.
Location and timings
All modules are held at the British Dental Association, 64 Wimpole Street, London W1G 8YS – a ten minute stroll from Oxford Circus / Great Portland Street tube stations.
Registration and coffee will be from 9.00 onwards.
The days will run from 9:30 to 17:00.
Price and how to book
- ‘Early bird’ = £2,995 + VAT (for bookings received by 21 January 2019 for the Spring intake and 20 August 2019 for the Autumn intake)
- Full rate = £3,995 + VAT
- Plus (optional) £795 + the ILM candidate fee of £183 + VAT for the ILM Level 7 qualification (We also offer flexible payment plans for self-funded candidates. Please call for further details).
- If you would like to book a complimentary one-to-one consultation with Elizabeth Crosse to discuss whether a coaching qualification would be a good fit for you, please call Helen Nuttall on 01582 714280.
To book, please complete the appropriate form at the bottom of this page and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
ICF or ILM?
Why compromise? Do both!
Our programme, delivered by Elizabeth Crosse, prepares you for the ICF Associate Certified Coach credential. But we also offer ILM coaching qualifications, delivered by Charlie Warshawski of Love Your Coaching, an approved ILM centre. This means that we can offer participants in Elizabeth’s programme the opportunity to have a separate assessment with Charlie and thereby achieve the ILM Level 7 qualification in Coaching and Mentoring without having to have any extra training days. We are the only provider offering this opportunity.
This is an optional extra. Key aspects:
- You need to complete three assignments (at ‘pass’ level) to secure the accreditation.
- The assignments are in brief: an essay, a log of 20 coaching hours, a reflection on your coaching skills and style.
- You should do the assignments within 6 months of completion of module 4.
- Assignments will be marked by Charlie, moderated by the team’s assessor. If assignments don’t meet the ILM criteria you will be given guidance for amendments. Completed assignments are only submitted to the ILM once Charlie and his assessor are confident that they are at ‘pass’ level.
- You get 12 months membership of the ILM as part of the process (giving you access to their range of online resources).
- Any coaching practice, paperwork, recordings and assignments carried out as part of your ICF credential can be re-used for the ILM qualification.
- Open-ended support from Charlie and his team to help you through the assignments.
This is an accreditation-only pathway for the ILM qualification, only open to people who have been on Elizabeth’s programme. The benchmark is that you are already coaching to a good enough standard to pass the ILM programme. This means that Love Your Coaching won’t be assessing your coaching level, as they are confident in Elizabeth’s rigorous process! However, it’s worth thinking about the ILM ‘add-on’ as another way of developing your coaching skills. We suggest that you:
- Treat all the assessments primarily as an opportunity to work on and improve your coaching skills
- Use the resources, including videos and coaching models that we provide, as an additional way to develop your coaching
- Be aware that the ILM process asks for deeper self-reflection on your coaching sessions than the ICF credential does. Use that to your advantage!
And the cost of the ILM Level 7 qualification when done this way? An additional £795 plus the ILM candidate fee (currently £183, which we administer on your behalf) plus VAT. You can sign up for the ILM ‘top-up’ at any stage – when you book on the ICF programme or within 6 months of completing it.
The programme gets great feedback, as you can see from the testimonials of recent participants:
‘I have gained a great deal of practical skills and knowledge. The time between modules was appropriate and allowed time for coaching sessions in between.’
‘I was fortunate to be on a coaching course with Maximum Coaching that covered a broad and challenging curriculum aligned with the ICF Coaching Competencies. I worked to gain my own coaching experience with a variety of clients. A programme of group and 1-2-1 coach mentoring wove these two learning threads together in a manner that made them greater than the sum of their parts. The discussion in these sessions encouraged a deeper consideration of my coaching practice by viewing it from the diverse perspectives of my group and our coach mentor. As a consequence, my preparation, delivery, and review of coaching has become more sophisticated and coach mentoring definitely helped in my preparation for ICF accreditation.’
‘I have left absolutely wanting to embrace my learning and wanting to become the best coach I can be. Every day on the course challenged me to do things I would not normally do – I felt invigorated!’
‘An excellent and extremely well-delivered programme that enabled me to quickly develop my understanding and delivery of value-adding coaching practices. I found the blend of classroom-based, content rich, presentations and practical skills practice an effective way to learn and an approach that allowed me to develop an effective coaching style in a timely and cost effective manner. Highly recommended.’
‘Elizabeth’s coach mentoring sessions have helped me to hold a mirror up to myself as a coach and challenge what I see, consistently increasing my awareness and self-knowledge. In particular they have helped me to understand who I am as a coach, how I move beyond the problem to work with the person, and how my natural role in the drama triangle can influence my position as a coach – these reflections have persisted beyond the mentoring sessions to deepen my everyday practice, with noticeable results. I have grown as a coach and in other aspects of my professional life as a result of these sessions. It’s a lifelong journey and this has been an insightful beginning.’
Give us a call on 01582 714280 to talk through how our approach might work for you.