Miles is a multi-accredited leadership and management trainer, facilitator and coach with a wealth of experience and expertise working in the UK and overseas.
His experience includes working in the public, private and voluntary sectors in the UK, including Barclays, Siemens, GlaxoSmithKline, Daimler, Rolls Royce, Orange, Formula 1 teams, various start-ups, Olympus, local and central government, Barnardo’s and the NHS. He is also Visiting Lecturer for the All Wales Public Service Graduate Programme MSc in Leadership and Governance.
Miles has experience delivering workshops and development programmes in leadership and management, personal development, change management, problem-solving, decision-making and action-learning sets.
Miles is accredited to deliver modules with the Institute of Leadership and Management to their highest level (level 7) and is a trained facilitator having successfully completed a specialist Facilitation Development Programme.
As well as training and facilitation, Miles is also an accredited ICF coach (ACC). In this capacity, Miles delivers individual or group-based coaching with staff working for organisations such as Siemens, GlaxoSmithKline, Daimler, Siemens, GlaxoSmithKline, and a range of local authorities.
Recent programmes include:
- Undertaking a leadership development programme with the Senior Leadership team of a ‘household name’ organisation within the UK. This work involved conducting leadership observations, developing individual and team reports and coaching members of the team. This was undertaken using a bespoke approach to leadership development, where previous ‘standard’ training interventions had not moved the team forwards.
- Designing and developing modules for a development programme, training future leaders within the energy industry.
- Facilitating a highly experiential leadership development programme for middle and senior managers in private and public sector organisations. This is a challenging programme carefully designed to enable leaders to lead tasks, undertake reflective practice, heighten self-awareness, understand their individual leadership style and develop in a manner that suits the individual leader. All leaders involved are supported through one-to-one and group coaching. Feedback from this programme has been hugely positive resulting in significant changes in leadership behaviours and practice in the workplace.
- Developing a series of development workshops for leaders and entrepreneurs within a UK national park.
Key areas of expertise
Miles’s work focuses on:
- Working with Senior Leadership Teams to improve performance
- Team and group coaching
- Coaching and training rising talent and staff on ‘fast-track’ programmes
- Supporting leaders through culture change
- Executive and one-to-one coaching
- Expert facilitation
- Observational diagnostic work for individual and leadership team performance
Miles hugely enjoys working closely with individuals and teams to help bring about real and positive change. He has extensive experience of training and development at all stages, including training needs analysis, workshop design, delivery and evaluation.
Miles’s experience includes working in the public, private and voluntary sectors, including Lloyds Bank, Rolls Royce, The Royal Mint, University of Oxford, Olympus, central and local government, Barnardo’s, the NHS, Rolls Royce, Orange, Formula 1 teams and various start-ups. Miles’s training, coaching and consultancy has been seen as a key resource to help staff develop, and organisations transition to new ways of working.
‘Very professional and solution-focused’
‘Miles, the tutor on the programme, is a strong expert and got to grips with our business needs quickly. He has evolved with us and kept pace with what we implemented and changed thinking. I can certainly recommend what has been done and how it’s been delivered.’
– HR Director, UK construction company
‘An exceptionally talented instructor, excellent people skills and would recommend.’
‘We have had positive feedback from our Operational Managers regarding the course you ran for us. As a result, the Senior Management Team would like you to run some training for them.’
– Manager, a UK charity
‘Coaching helped me identify the real challenges at both personal and professional level.’
– Manager, Global Assignment Compliance, Daimler AG, Germany
‘Miles’s coaching renewed my self-confidence.’
– Group Personnel Manager, insurance industry
‘Coaching helped me through a very difficult time.’
– Senior Manager, global telecoms supplier
Qualifications, training and professional memberships
- Change Management Practitioner and Trainer (APMG)
- Managing Successful Programmes Advanced Practitioner and Trainer
- Team Coaching Certificate (ICF)
- Accredited to conduct Mental Toughness Assessments (MTQ48)
- Professional Scrum Master I
- Transactional Analysis 101
- PRINCE2 Agile Practitioner and Trainer
- AgilePM Practitioner and Trainer
- APM PMQ Trainer
- APM PFQ Trainer
- PRINCE2 Practitioner and Trainer
- Associate Certified Coach (ICF)
- Member of the Association for Project Management (MAPM)
- Member of the International Coach Federation (ICF)
- Member of the Agile Business Consortium