Nick has 30 years’ experience in training, coaching and consultancy. He enjoys working with managers and leaders to help them reach their potential, overcome challenges and create a work environment where individuals and teams thrive.
Nick has designed and delivered training solutions across many industries in the private, public and charity sectors. These solutions have aided organisations in achieving objectives and supporting them in achieving awards such as The Times Top 100 Employers.
He believes that everybody has untapped potential and in his facilitation and coaching he encourages individuals to adopt a growth mindset. He challenges limiting beliefs and seeks to motivate managers and leaders to achieve more. His style is built on the belief that deep learning comes from creating a safe environment where individuals are willing to try new things, openly discuss challenges and apply learning to the real world. He is more than happy to deliver either face-to-face or virtually.
Nick is accredited to deliver a variety of qualifications through the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) and uses a variety of psychometric tools including Life Orientations (LIFO) and Strength Deployment Inventory (SDI). He is also a Master Trainer for Situational Leadership.
Key areas of expertise
Management and leadership development has been Nick’s passion for many years and he has much experience in the following areas:
- Leadership development
- Situational leadership
- Change management
- Leading innovation
- Personal effectiveness
- Team building
- Leading wellbeing
- Performance management
- Effective communication
- Customer service training
- Customer service management development
- Strength Deployment Inventory (SDI)
- Life Orientations (LIFO)
After three years in training management and thirteen years in training consultancy, Nick set up his own training company in 2007.
He has led and supported leadership, management and coaching development programmes in many organisations including Disney, NHS, Carlsberg, Fire and Rescue Service, Wesleyan Assurance, The Coastguard and The FA.
Designed and delivered tailored blended learning programmes to meet the needs of clients during and post pandemic.
Nick gets excellent feedback from workshop participants and clients alike, as the following few examples show:
- I just wanted to say thank you for delivering our training on Tuesday – without exception all the team said how much they enjoyed it and got so much from the training – we had a really good session yesterday and most of it was reflecting what we have taken from the training and how this will help us going forward.
- Everyone said how much they liked your training style, giving us the chance to discuss and explore when needed.
- I would recommend Nick to any HR and Executive team. He is an outstanding talent and leadership development consultant, coach and trainer.
- Nick’s workshops are highly interactive using brain friendly / experiential learning techniques. There is always a strong emphasis on practical application to the workplace. I have no hesitation in recommending Nick as an accomplished L&D consultant and a great person to work with.
- Whether it’s delivering a bespoke training programme, providing group and individual coaching, or facilitating strategy sessions for your business, Nick is an expert in his field and always delivers against the identified requirements.
- I have hired Nick to facilitate events for key clients and the feedback has been amazing. He has exceeded expectations on all occasions and delighted the customer at every turn.