A Lead Consultant at Maximum Performance, Scott is a very experienced and enthusiastic trainer, facilitator and coach. He relishes the opportunity to help managers succeed in their roles and careers. His prime aim is to encourage managers to get the best out of their people by understanding how they want to be managed and what motivates each individual.
Scott helps a range of organisations across the private, public, voluntary and community sectors achieve their objectives using facilitation, coaching and psychometric interventions.
Scott is a great advocate of finding the best in people and applying a positive psychology coaching approach to his work. He is a Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) Master Practitioner, a trained coach and accredited to deliver Facet5 and DISC Insights feedback. Constant personal development, particularly in the field of motivation and how we think, has helped Scott to explore and use different approaches in his work. Above all else, he focuses on helping people through sustainable behavioural change.
Key areas of expertise
As well as his main focus of management and personal effectiveness, Scott draws on his corporate background to support in a range of areas:
- Management development
- Personal effectiveness
- Team building
- Sales training
- Sales management development
- Sales coaching
- Customer service training
- Customer service management development
- Customer service coaching
- Hospitality management
- DISC, Facet5 and Acumen profiling
Scott’s career began in retail banking. A successful and award-winning team leader, he became a Learning Facilitator for NatWest, working with a wide range of business units and their team members. Having discovered his passion for helping people achieve their true potential, Scott took the plunge and set up his own learning and development consultancy back in 2000. He worked on a number of large programmes with a range of organisations such as Costa Cruises (part of the Carnival Cruise group), Lloyds Pharmacy and Great Western Railway as well as partnering with various learning providers such as Maximum Performance and The In-House Training Company. He was eventually persuaded to join us on a full-time basis and has been delighting a wide range of clients and thousands of programme participants ever since.
Scott gets outstanding feedback from workshop participants, both classroom and virtual, as the following comments show:
- ‘Excellent trainer!’
- ‘Scott is very engaging and very good at getting us to think through the issues.’
- ‘Very enthusiastic.’
- ‘Scott was great. He got everyone to engage in the course and was friendly and enthusiastic.’
- ‘Engaging, knowledgeable, personable.’
- ‘Engaging and upbeat and had personal anecdotes that everyone could relate to.’
- ‘Good relaxed style… inclusive, explained well, highlighting points with examples. Made the Zoom session feel like a group. Thank you Scott.’
- ‘Lovely trainer; warm, personable and friendly. He makes me feel welcome in the session and is grateful for our input.’
- ‘Positive, friendly, encouraging.’
- ‘Scott is brilliant. He has in-depth knowledge of the subject matter and has kept everyone engaged with the conversations.’
- ‘Great energy and enthusiasm. Scott was very well informed on the matter and he was very good at making sure everyone participated in the conversation.’
- ‘Lovely speaker, very clear, friendly and interactive.’
- ‘Great session Scott – nice balance of interaction, humour and top tips. Liked the way you kept the flow going and brought in the chat to keep the Zoom session interactive.’
- ‘Great interactive session with some great thinking points!’
- ‘Excellent session – thank you :).’
- ‘Great session!’
- ‘Love the interactivity!’
- ‘Really, really useful.’
Scott is based in Bedfordshire and works across the country.
Give us a call on 01582 463460 to talk through which UK facilitator(s) would be best for you.