An experienced cross-cultural trainer and coach, Michael has strong interpersonal skills. Open-minded and multi-cultural, customer and service oriented, curious and a quick learner, with a problem-solving attitude, he has excellent teaching and facilitating skills, listening, giving and receiving feedback, providing advice.
Michael was born and raised in Dublin, where he graduated with a BSc in HRM from Dublin Institute of Technology in 2010. He is passionate about human connection and has a huge desire to travel. He has lived in Australia, United Kingdom and Poland. His work has allowed him to visit many other countries in Europe as well as USA and Canada. He has a love for diversity and is passionate about learning and experiencing foreign cultures and human relationships.
Previous professional roles in the private sector include Regional Learning and Development Manager (Europe & North America) for a large Middle East Transport and Logistics Organization and Group HR Manager for a large hotel chain in Ireland as well as various training roles in the public sector. He also works as a Training Partner with Aware, a charity committed to mental health education and support.
- Customer handling and commercial training: importance of quality, improving customer satisfaction, selling and upselling, call centre staff training, international event hospitality and management, ‘train the trainers’ programmes on new processes, products, and services.
- Behavioural training: communication and presentation skills, negotiating and influencing skills, stress management, time management, relationship building.
- Managerial training: becoming a manager, coaching as leaders, project management, giving and receiving feedback, delegating, building an effective team, change management.
Clients / projects include:
- Delivery of ‘Future Leader’ training programmes across Europe, Middle East, North America and Canada in the transportation and logistics sector (Aramex International)
- Delivery of Corporate University material to the regional branches of Aramex
- Development and Delivery of ‘Love Travelodge Programme’ (Travelodge Ireland)
- Facilitation of team meetings and brainstorm sessions across various health and beauty companies based in Ireland and the UK (eg, Easilocks)
- Train the Trainer Levels 1 & 2 (London & Manchester)
- Systemic Team coaching certification (AoEC, London)
- Emotional Intelligence, Business Executive & Life Coaching (PSG, Dublin)
- Associate Certified Coach (ICF)
- BSc in Human Resource Management (Dublin Institute of Technology)