Leadership in a day!
As with most things in life, knowing the theory is one thing, but putting it into practice can be quite another. Much has been written about leadership and there are many theories and models out there.
This very practical one-day course will give you an overview of the theory but the main focus is on:
- helping you understand your own natural leadership style
- practical learning to help you to become a more effective leader
You will leave the day able to:
- Recognise the traits and characteristics of good leaders
- Appreciate the differences between leadership and management
- Understand your preferred leadership style and the impact it might have on others
- Practice the core elements of good leadership
- Understand what style of leadership is appropriate for different situations and people
- Use your coaching and delegation skills to better effect
- Initiate – and implement – a personal development action plan
Above all, the workshop will help you fulfil your desire and determination to inspire the people you lead to greater levels of achievement.
Anyone in a leadership role.
This one-day workshop focuses on creating awareness, developing attitudes and beliefs and embedding newly acquired skills and behaviours as habits. It is highly interactive, very powerful – and great fun!
Leadership in a day! workshop outline
- Exercise: Icebreaker
2 What is leadership?
- Exercise: ‘Good leader / bad leader’
- The elements of leadership
– Thinking of leaders we have experienced, what made the good ones good (and the bad ones bad)?
– Traits and characteristics
Brief review of key writers on leadership
3 Leadership in practice
- Exercise: ‘Sorting the packs’
- Exercise: ‘House of cards’
- Task / team / individual
- Situational leadership
– Being clear about what’s expected
– Are you spending enough time on the right things?
– Different styles for different situations
– Maturity levels
4 Leadership and management
- Exercise: The ball of recall
- Leadership v management – what’s the difference?
- Managing others
- Leading through coaching
– Getting the best out of people
– Understanding motivation
– Building rapport
– Effective use of questions
5 Leadership and delegation
- Letting go
- Coaching and delegation skills
- Exercise: Role plays
– Learning to delegate effectively
– Understanding the key elements of effective delegation
- Personal development action planning
- Key learning points to take away
- What are you going to do differently?
Download workshop outline here.
For a no-obligation discussion about running this workshop for your organisation please just give us a call on 01582 714280.