Planning a management development programme?
A workshop for HR / L&D professionals
9 May 2018 – London
This short day has been designed to give you a flavour of the modules that make up our hugely successful management development programme.
This very practical, hugely enjoyable day will give you an insight into the delivery techniques and facilitator styles that previous attendees have been so complimentary about. This really is a ‘try-before-you-buy’ workshop. You will be in the role of delegate so you can witness at first-hand how this programme can really benefit your people managers.
And don’t worry – it’s not a sales pitch!
- If you’re contemplating a development programme for your organisation, it will help you decide whether to design and deliver your own or whether to look for an external provider
- If you decide to do your own thing, it will give you a few tools and techniques and some sample exercises that you’re free to take away and use as you see fit
- If you decide to look for an external provider, it will give you a checklist of points to consider
- And if you were thinking of sending someone on our open programme, or commissioning us to run an in-house programme for you, it’s an opportunity to ‘try before you buy’
Full details below or download flyer.
This workshop will help you:
- Understand the modules that make up the MDP
- See for yourself what managers need to do to be effective
- Witness the delivery styles that inspire enthusiasm
- Pick up some tips and tools for your managers
- Motivate those who report to you
- Unpack your thinking by asking as many questions as you wish
- Have an opportunity to speak with other like-minded L&D professionals
- Make decisions based on real experience, not just a proposal
Anyone who has responsibility for management development training in their organisation.
Cyrus Cooper, Managing Director of Maximum Performance, is an exceptional international trainer, facilitator and coach. He specialises in helping managers to focus on their role and responsibilities with the aim of getting great results with the people they manage.
He has helped organisations in both the public and private sectors to increase their performance through a range of interventions covering leadership challenges, motivational management and corporate and executive 1:1 coaching.
Location, timing, etc
- 9 May 2018
- 10:00 – 4:00 (registration from 9:30)
- British Dental Association, 64 Wimpole Street, London – a ten-minute stroll from Oxford Circus / Great Portland Street tube stations
- £90 + VAT
- Buffet lunch provided
- Certificates of attendance are issued for CPD purposes
- Participants will also receive a voucher for £90 to be redeemed against any future purchases from Maximum Performance
- Objectives: Not just a sales pitch!
- Context: Overview of the Maximum Performance Management Development Programme
- Tips: How to get the most out of the day
2 What’s it all about?
Taken from Module 2 – Your role as a people manager
- Exercise: Think about a time when…
3 Learning to let go
Taken from Module 3 – Effective delegation
- 3 steps to delegating without guilt
4 Do you procrastinate?
Taken from Module 4 – Managing your time
- Knowing your time traps and what to do about them
5 Honest conversations
Taken from Module 5 – Giving & receiving feedback
- What stops us?
- The skills needed
- Don’t be vague!
6 Coaching skills for managers
Taken from Module 7 – Coaching skills to develop others
- The spectrum of skills
- The coaching game
7 More meetings!
Taken from Module 8 – Running effective meetings
- Why do they go wrong?
- Set the scene – a strong opening
8 It’s not what you know but who you know…
Taken from Module 11 – Managing working relationships
- How to manage upwards
- The emotional bank account
9 Action planning
- Exercise: Personal action planning
10 Planning a development programme
- A checklist of things to bear in mind when planning a development programme, whether you’re delivering it yourself internally or whether you’re looking outside
Book now for Planning a management development programme?
– 9 May 2018
- Please book (and pay) online, using the Eventbrite order form below.
- Please read ‘the small print’: We reserve the right to refuse admission if payment has not been received. A full refund will be made for cancellations received in writing at least 20 working days prior to the event date; there is no refund for cancellations made within 20 working days of the start of the event. We reserve the right to change the programme, the dates, the trainer or the venue: participants will be notified as soon as practicable in such circumstances. In the event that the event is cancelled, a full refund will be given. We disclaim any further liability.
- If you have a promotional code, please click on ‘Enter Promotional Code’ below. (We regret that we cannot give discounts retrospectively).
Any questions? Just give Helen Nuttall a call on 01582 714280.