Planning a leadership programme?
A workshop for HR / L&D professionals
23 May 2018 – London
‘If you want to manage somebody, manage yourself. Do that well and you’ll be ready to stop managing… and focus on leading.’
‘Leadership’ implies ‘followership’. That’s a key difference from management. True leaders inspire others to follow. They don’t just tell them which way to go.
If you’re planning a leadership programme for your organisation you know that already. What you might be grappling with is just where to start. So here’s an opportunity to spend a very practical and enjoyable short day considering your need for a leadership programme. It’s led by David Durkin, who designed and delivers our Inspiring Leader Programme.
But don’t worry – it’s not a sales pitch!
- If you’re contemplating a leadership programme for your organisation, it will help you decide whether to design and deliver your own or whether to look for an external provider
- If you decide to do your own thing, it will give you a few tools and techniques and some sample exercises that you’re free to take away and use as you see fit
- If you decide to look for an external provider, it will give you a checklist of points to consider
- And if you were thinking of sending someone on our open programme, or commissioning us to run an in-house programme for you, it’s an opportunity to ‘try before you buy’
Full details below or download flyer.
This workshop will help you:
- Understand the different components that make up the programme
- See for yourself what leaders need to do to be inspirational
- Experience the delivery styles that inspire enthusiasm
- Pick up some tips and tools for your leaders
- Unpack your thinking by asking as many questions as you wish
- Have an opportunity to speak with other like-minded L&D professionals
- Make decisions based on real experience, not just a proposal
Anyone who has responsibility for leadership training in their organisation.
David Durkin is Maximum Performance’s principal leadership consultant / facilitator. He has acquired a vast knowledge of leadership development which he is more than happy to share with audiences. He facilitates learning processes that are challenging and supportive, delivering great results for clients from a range of different backgrounds, cultures and nationalities. His consulting career has taken him all over the world and involved work in a wide range of industries. David offers a pragmatic and logical approach to help individuals identify their priorities and optimise their development. His experience and wealth of knowledge makes him popular with senior audiences and those with a thirst for new ideas and insights.
Location, timing, etc
- 23 May 2018
- 10:00 – 4:00 (registration from 9:30)
- British Dental Association, 64 Wimpole Street, London – a ten-minute stroll from Oxford Circus / Great Portland Street tube stations
- £90 + VAT
- Buffet lunch provided
- Certificates of attendance are issued for CPD purposes
- Participants will also receive a voucher for £90 to be redeemed against any future purchases from Maximum Performance
1 Introduction and context
- Objectives: Not just a sales pitch!
- Overview of the Maximum Performance Inspiring Leader Programme
- Tips: How to get the most out of the day
2 Attributes and behaviours of an inspiring leader
Taken from Module 1 – Leadership matters
- Creating the moments that matter!
3 Where’s my focus? Now and into the future!
Taken from Module 2 – Strategic thinking and decision-making
- Where’s my strategic focus (current and future)?
4 Ingredients of high performing teams
Taken from Module 3 – Leading teams to achieve high performance
- Identifying the foundations and fundamentals for high performance
- Where is my team, and what do I need to focus on next?
5 How do I change the behaviours of others?
Taken from Module 4 – Developing others
- A proven scientific approach that builds confidence and competence
6 Action planning
Taken from all 4 modules – a dynamic activity that builds and accelerates momentum
- Exercise – Using the RAVE model for identifying actions that really matter!
7 Planning a leadership programme
- A checklist of things to consider when planning a development programme, whether you’re delivering it yourself internally or whether you’re looking outside
- The power of engaging the line manager in the development journey
Book now for Planning a leadership programme?
– 23 May 2018
- Please book (and pay) online, using the Eventbrite order form below.
- Please read ‘the small print’: We reserve the right to refuse admission if payment has not been received. A full refund will be made for cancellations received in writing at least 20 working days prior to the event date; there is no refund for cancellations made within 20 working days of the start of the event. We reserve the right to change the programme, the dates, the trainer or the venue: participants will be notified as soon as practicable in such circumstances. In the event that the event is cancelled, a full refund will be given. We disclaim any further liability.
- If you have a promotional code, please click on ‘Enter Promotional Code’ below. (We regret that we cannot give discounts retrospectively).
Any questions? Just give Helen Nuttall a call on 01582 714280.